Walnuts are loaded with heart healthy Omega-3 fatty acids and have an unusually high levels of gamma-tocopherol (the form found to be most beneficial in the protection against heart problems).
Studies have shown that the omega-3 fatty-acids found in walnuts may help prevent and reduce the risk of heart disease, stroke, some cancers and may lower cholesterol, ease arthritis and other inflammatory diseases.
1/4 Cup of walnuts contains almost 95% of the recommended daily value of omega-3 fats!!
In Japan it is thought that omega-3 is responsible for the significantly lower incidence of heart disease as compared to women in the United States.
Organic, raw and with the skin, try some today and if you haven’t already started begin to reap some of the wonderful benefits of this magical tree nut!!
Coconut water is the liquid found in young coconuts before they mature and may very well be nature’s perfect sports drink! The balance of electrolytes in coconut water is nearly the same as in human blood, in fact; many peoples lives have been saved in third world countries using coconut water IV.
Coconut water is naturally low in calories, fat free and rich in potassium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus. Coconut water is also low in sodium and has been shown to help lower blood pressure… Give it a try.
Thanks Jill!! Here’s a great piece a friend sent me earlier today: Grabbing a snack is a great way to keep hunger at bay, but what you pick can make a big difference to your waistline. Celebrity trainer Jillian Michaels reveals her favorite snacks for an afternoon pick-me-up or mid-morning nibble. “These snacks are quick, easy and they all taste good,” says Michaels. “They’re preservative-free, contain no trans fats, MSG, high fructose corn syrup, artificial flavors, colors or sweeteners.”
- Hard-boiled egg and a piece of fruit. Fruit is a great source of vitamins and fiber, while the egg offers protein and healthy fat.
- Veggies and hummus. “This is an incredibly healthy snack that’s filling and tasty,” Michaels says. That’s because the fiber from the vegetables and the protein in the chickpeas both promote fullness. If you’re worried about the preservatives and sodium in some store-bought brands of hummus, check out our katamata olive hummus recipe!
- 22 Days Protein Bars. All 22 Days products are vegan and organic, and the bars feature hemp protein. “These bars taste amazing! Mocha Mantra is my favorite flavor,” add Michaels.
- Popchips. Michaels’ favorites are the barbecue and sweet potato flavors, and loves that they have a “great savory, salty crunch.” We like that Popchips come in portion-controlled bags with just 100 calories.
- Ciao Bella Sorbet. Some days, only something sweet will do. Skip candy or full-fat ice cream and reach for this all-natural frozen treat.
Which of these snacks are you most likely to reach for?
According to American Psychologist William James “Ninety nine hundredths of our activity is purely automatic” You might not think about your habits on a daily basis but chances are they’re defining your life!
Are you living the life you want? If you’re not, it probably time to start thinking about proactively changing your habits. The easiest way to do this is by creating / replacing old habits with new and improved ones…
Wheatgrass is a well known superfood!! It provides amino acids, vitamins, minerals, chlorophyll and enzymes… Its benefits include: increased red-blood cell count, lower blood pressure and cleansing of the blood and organs! Recent research has found that wheatgrass also heals ulcerative colitis and may offer remarkable benefits to breast cancer patients undergoing chemotherapy.
Wheatgrass contains NO GLUTEN!!!
Aspirin therapy can have numerous health benefits but there are also some risks associated with it! You should talk to your Dr in order to determine if you’re a good candidate…